What are the Top 5 SEO Tools?
Digital marketing has revolutionized the way businesses communicate with their customers. At the top is the search engine optimization (SEO), which is the most important digital marketing piece that has to be implemented across different marketing platforms.
Well, that’s easier said than done!
Coming up with a functional SEO strategy might be a walk in the park; however, its implementation is what separates a successful internet marketing campaign from a failed one.
Do you know why?
SEO marketing gets complicated every day as more marketing tools are introduced into the market; hence it’s challenging for novice marketers to pick what works for them.
The thing is that there are several SEO tools for each individual function. Therefore, marketers have to constantly play the ‘trial and error’ game until they find a perfect combination of tools that work for them.
No more hassle!
Think of a Handyman. He is armed with his tool belt, and trusty tools to help him finish a job well and er…efficiently.
We have picked the top 5 best SEO tools in 2022 based on their popularity amongst top digital marketers and highlighted why they are the best ingredients for your next digital marketing strategy! So start using these to stock your own tool belt!
No, it’s not an action movie. Spyfu is a search analysis tool that you can use for your search engine optimization. You can use it in;
- SEO research
- Keyword research
- Domain reviews
- SERP analysis
- PPC research
These areas are essential in any viable digital marketing blueprint, and Spyfu offers an in-depth analysis of their performance.
One of the most notable features of Spyfu is the Spyfu Kombat feature which has been voted as the editor’s choice by PC mag due to its ease of use and versatility. (Still not an action movie.)
You can use the Spyfu Kombat to check on domains ranking and areas where it shows up on Google searches. This allows you to access keywords bought by specific domains on Adwords and their organic rank in the past 14 years. Crazy, right?
Well, it gets better. Spyfu further gives you options that you can use to connect to these domains and use them to find traditional leads such as emails, addresses, phone contacts, and social media. KACHOW!
More Spyfu features
- Unlimited backlinks
- In-depth SEO and Adword Advisor reports
- Backlink, domain, and keyword searches
- Data and backlink exports
- Organic ranking history
- Organic keywords
- API Access
- Paid keywords
Benefits of using Spyfu
- Domain search
- Smart recommendations
- Monitoring tools
- Reliable contact information
- Web-based, desktop, and smartphone integrated
SEMRush’s importance in SEO marketing cannot be overstated, as it is the foundation of any SEO marketing arsenal. Plus you don’t even have to be in a hurry to use it! The tool’s main task is to optimize SEO, but you can also use it in advertising, content creation, competitive research, social media, and reporting.
The 2019 award-winning SEO tool has more than 6 million users, including eBay, HP, and Quora companies (also Your WP Guy!).
As a digital marketer, you can use SEMRush to generate backlinks and reports from your competitors from up to 5 different websites at once. Now that’s what I call multitasking!
Features of SEMRush
- Domain overview
- Position tracker
- Keyword research
- Traffic analysis
- Marketing insights
Benefits of using SEMRush
- Seamless reports on your Organic ranking
- Development of compelling PPC strategies
- Optimizes your content
- Analyzes and tracks social media performance
- Easy to use
Next up, Ahrefs! Not the sound your grandpa makes when he sneezes but – you guess it – another SEO tool. It’s actually a toolkit that features a buffet of different tools and arguably has the world’s most extensive index for live backlinks. In addition, the site offers competitors’ domain analysis, website SEO monitors for organic searches and analyzes content ranking processes.
Fortunately, the site offers free training on how you can quickly make the most of the platform. Afterward, you can sign up if you feel that it meets your SEO marketing needs. Can’t turn down free!
Features of Ahrefs
- Site explorer
- Domain comparison
- Batch analysis
- SEO toolbar
- Rank tracker
- Keyword explorer
- Content explorer
Benefits of using ahref
- Access to infinite live backlinks
- Competitors search and monitor using the explorer tools
- Content optimization
- Tracks organic searches on your website
- Compatible with mobile and desktop web browsers
- You can explore keyword performance in different geographies
4. Google Keyword Planner
Every SEO marketer knows that keywords can make or break your SEO strategy hence the need to get it right. Therefore Google Keyword Planner is an essential tool in SEO marketing.
The tool lets you draft a robust keyword list that ranks in different search categories. Keyword searches and implementation dictate the profitability of your PPC and SEO more than what Google Ads Suite offers.
According to Neil Patel, Google Keyword Planner is essential in coming up with keyword ideas or a group of ideas and analyzing how they may perform based on keyword projections yielded by the tool. He may not be the Zohan, but he knows his keywords!
Google Keyword Planners give you four search options;
- Type in the keyword you like to analyze
- Combine two keyword lists to form a super list
- Pick keywords based on historical search volumes
- Provide keywords based on click and cost performance forecasts
Features of Google Keyword Planner
- Grouped ideas
- Enhanced monthly search details
- Add to existing campaigns
- Daily budget suggestions
Benefits of Google Keyword Planner
- Allows you to spy on and snag your competitors’ keywords
- You can search local keywords faster
- Creates AdWord campaigns easily
- Works best for niche marketers
- It can create a silo structure for your website, enhancing its relevance
5. Moz Pro
Moz Pro SEO tool focuses on ramping up your traffic, visibility, and rankings on search engines. The site’s main feature, Moz spider, highlights potential improvements to your SEO strategy and possible remedies. The spider can also track the performance of your keywords through thousands of websites and generate relevant feedback.
Moz Pro features
- Available on smartphone and desktop web browsers
- Available in English
- Impressive customer support and help center
- Access controls/permissions enhance privacy
- Activity dashboard
- Alerts and notifications
Benefits of using Moz Pro
- You get to monitor keyword ranking
- Fixes crawlability challenges
- Generate SEO reports
Why Are SEO Tools Important to Your Small Business?
With effective SEO tools, small businesses can ensure that their content is reaching new customers and generating more leads and sales. It’s like having an expert PR team helping take their business to the next level – when used strategically, SEO tools can help you get a competitive edge over other sites.
With the proper use of SEO tools, you don’t need to pay extra money on an external team or any additional services. Plus, SEO tools can help boost organic traffic and better target potential customers based on their interests and preferences.
There are dozens of SEO marketing tools on the internet, and getting the right one might feel like looking for a needle in a haystack. Our list of top 5 best SEO tools should be considered in every SEO strategy. Successful digital marketers have tested and reviewed these tools, and feedback is overwhelmingly positive.
There are more to digital marketing than just fixing a bunch of keywords. You should also monitor the performance of your website and let an expert carry out professional website maintenance at least once a month. This way, your site can remain fast and secure.
What are the Top 5 SEO Tools? Summary
• Digital marketing has revolutionized the way businesses communicate with their customers, and SEO is at the forefront.
• Generating an SEO strategy is relatively straightforward; however, its implementation can be tricky.
• The top 5 best SEO tools are Spyfu, SEMRush, Ahrefs, Google Keyword Planner and Moz Pro.
• Each tool offers features such as site overviews, position trackers, keyword research and API access which aid in successful digital marketing campaigns.
• It’s important to monitor website performance and carry out professional maintenance on a regular basis.